Frequently Asked Questions
pāco manufacturing is a custom manufacturer of industrial equipment including automation systems and control panels. We also offer machine shop services to a wide variety of industries, as well as conveyor integration solutions. Our capabilities include: contract manufacturing, CNC machining services, fabrication, machine building and rebuilding to customer specs, engineering services, general machining, and other related services geared to improving the productivity of our customer’s manufacturing and product handling processes.
pāco manufacturing is able to work with the following file formats:
- AutoCAD (DWG, DWZ)
- Catia (CATDrawing, CATPart)
- DXF – Drawing Interchange Format, or Drawing Exchange Format
- IGES – Initial Graphics Exchange Specification, ANSI File Format
- Inventor (IDW, IPT)
- JPG or JPEG – Joint Photographic Experts Group
- MasterCam (MDX, MC8, MC9, SET)
- PDES – Product Data Exchange using STEP, Standard for the Exchange of Product Model Data. A standard format for exchanging data between advanced CAD and CAM programs.
- PDF – Portable Document Format
- Pro-E or Pro/Engineer (DRW, PRT, XPR)
- SAT – 3D ACIS Model File
- SolidEdge (DFT)
- SolidWorks (SLDPRT, SLDDRW, SLDDRT)
- STEP – Standard for the Exchange of Product Model Data
- SurfCam (DSN)
- TurboCAD (TCW, TCX)
- Unigraphics (PRT)
What are the intended applications for the equipment or parts which pāco manufacturing builds/produces?
pāco manufacturing builds equipment and produces parts for the following intended applications as directed by the customer [please note, this list continually grows based upon customer expectations]:
- Coil Winding
- Factory Automation
- Material Handling
- Medical Components
- Medical Devices
- Parts Movement
- Small Parts
pāco manufacturing has been in business since 1953. Prior to 2006, we were known as Precision Automation Company, Inc. However, we have been doing business as pāco manufacturing to better represent our local product and service offerings. For more information, please see the History page.
pāco manufacturing office and plant are located in Clarksville, Indiana, along Route 65 North, just minutes away from Louisville, Kentucky. Please check out our Contact page for more details.
In general. we concentrate our services to the Mid-West North America: i.e., Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Illinois, Tennessee; but we regularly supply equipment to many of our customers throughout North America and internationally to many countries.
The primary manufacturing industries that we serve are Automotive, Consumer Goods, Electronics, Cooperage, Manufacturing, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Food Processing, and Warehousing & Distribution. Although our decades of providing machined parts and equipment have introduced us to many additional industries, and we are open to serving customers in all fields.
pāco manufacturing has stringent quality procedures in place, but is not currently ISO certified. We are in the process of achieving the ISO 9001 certification. Our parent company, Precision Automation® Company, Inc. of Cherry Hill, NJ, is an ISO 9001 certified company.
pāco manufacturing adheres to the following industry standards when manufacturing equipment or parts:
- ANSI – American National Standards Institute
- ASME – American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- ASTM – American Society for Testing and Materials
- AWS – American Welding Society
- DOT – Department of Transportation
- FDA – Food And Drug Administration
- Mil-Spec – Military Specifications
- QS – QS is a quality standard developed by the Automotive Industry
- SAE – Society of Automotive Engineers
Our company name is pronounced with a long a, such as “ay” in the word “day”. Whenever possible, we add the line over the vowel ‘a’ (like this: ā ) to illustrate the “long a”.